Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jack the Giant Slayer


Another film adapted from a fairy tale, and this one is about Jack, magic beans, and giants. Previously titled Jack the Giant Killer then changed to Jack the Giant Slayer. Directed by Bryan Singer, this film should be exciting. After directing X-Men: First Class which turned out to be outstanding film (If I may say.), it's not a mistake to expect Jack the Giant Slayer to be exciting too.

The film starring Nicholas Hoult as Jack, looks like this rising star is everywhere. Before being Jack, he was R in the Warm Bodies, and I will write about that movie later. He's sure has this charm to make everyone look at him. Well, I may not be able to dig deeper about his acting, but from the eye of amateur, I feel okay with his act as Jack. The next cast is Eleanor Tomlinson as Princess Isabelle, young and talented. I can't say much about her because I've never watch her film before, this is the first one and I can only say "Beautiful". Next is Stanley Tucci as Lord Roderick, what I can say about him? He's well-known as a great actor.

Now let's talk about the story. This film is adapted from two stories: Jack the Giant Killer and Jack and the Beanstalk. Good isn't it? I like how the story goes, they give us background story in the start and then going into the main story, about Jack and Princess Isabelle. Also, how they play the scene between Jack and Isabelle is kinda interesting, it's like they are connected in some way. I think the film was fast-paced, even it last about two hours, I still feel it's fast-paced. There is something that I feel missing. Although Jack the Giant Slayer makes me wondering what will happen next and it's fun, there are times when it's predictable.

Overall, I got excited when watching Jack the Giant Slayer, and it's recommended to watch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...