Saturday, July 7, 2012

Alone in Singapore


Have you ever been to Singapore? Is it your first time? If yes, then this post might help you exploring the country!

How have you been? Wish you are in good condition!
Now, I want to share with you my experience in Singapore, this a whole new experience for me, it's my first time going abroad alone (Yes, I'm really alone, just myself), and my first time going to Singapore. I booked my tickets by myself too, except I asked my father to pay it, lol. Since I'm going alone and this is my first time, I think googling and read some reference book would help me. I start searching information about Singapore long before the D-Day. Plan your trip before you go, this is important so you know what are you going to do after arrived. Make sure your plan is fitted with you stay, is it 3 days or 5 days. Don't forget to calculate the time needed to get from place to place. It will be better if your mobile phone have a GPS feature, I always use it and it really helps.
After all the preparation ready, let's go to the destination, Singapore.
As far as I know, Singapore only have one airport, it's Changi International Airport (SIN). It's easy to go everywhere in this airport, just follow the direction, and it's very comfort like most airport. If it's needed, and only if needed, buy a local simcard so you can make call to Singapore number cheaply and you can browse the Internet from your mobile phone, and also since some GPS in mobile phone need a connection data you may need it. But, if your simcard from your homeland worked in Singapore and you have no problem with it, then you can skip this step. You can buy the simcard after you pass the immigration and baggage checking, at the UOB money changer if I'm not mistaken.
If you need more assistance you can ask information center/tourist information center, they're all kind and really help you. All set? Now, you can go to the city either by MRT or Taxi or Bus, if you traveling with 3-4 people I suggest you to just take taxi, it's faster and easier. But, if you're traveling alone or just with one friend you can take MRT, cheaper. If you're in Terminal 1 then go to Terminal 2 using Skytrain, you can follow the direction or ask staff. After reaching Terminal 2 just go to the MRT station. I suggest you to buy EZ Link Card, so you just need to tap and go, you can buy it at the station, it cost $12 and the value in the card is $5. You can top up right away, $10 or $15 will be enough (depend on how often you use it.).
That's it for now, I'll continue again later.

PS: All the prices is in SGD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...